01 February 2016

Loving My Enemies – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I try to avoid using this space to parrot parts of the Sunday sermon or hitchhike on ideas presented at church.  Occasionally, however, what is said there requires deeper thinking on my part here.  This is the case.

I feel a deep need to assure that I am defining and interacting with my enemies based on how Christ does this.  I must be aware of what is the proper way to recognize who is my enemy.  I must recognize the Father’s purpose in his approach to enemies.

This is going to be a deep dive.  I will get into language and nuances of meaning but I promise to keep it simple as well.  I truly value your interactions and questions on this Dear Reader.  In a world where we have external and internal enemies

We have enemies who wish to destroy us and those who simple wish to thwart us.   We have enemies because of what we believe.  We have enemies because of our race or way of life.   I try not to collect enemies but they appear just the same.

Walk with me dear reader.  Perhaps together we can better learn how recognize and love our enemies.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment