17 March 2016

Second Thoughts – Any Man Who Understands the Irish...

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

…can’t be reckoned altogether mad.  We have so many stereotypes about other cultures and their practices.  On Saint Patrick’s Day we ponder green beer, parades, and shamrocks.  We no longer ponder the man whose name the day carries.

I do.  I think about the people who fought for faith against the darkness.  I think about what it cost to stand when faith was not popular.  I feel that we are edging toward that again; or maybe even racing toward it.  The faith I carry is more often dismissed than valued. 

I have friend that physically pats me on the head when I speak of faith.  She talks to me as if I am a child and expresses her hope that I will grow up and shed my childish delusion.  I always smile and express my hope that she can regain the piece of her childhood that found faith worth having.

I wish the same for you all Dear Reader.  Have a beer.  Sing a song.  Dance a jig.  Perhaps even make time to acknowledge that faith has a place in our lives and if we look beyond the shamrocks and parades we will find a man who gave all that he might show us the MAN who gave all.  In that light I wish you a happy Saint Patrick’s Day.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment