06 March 2016

The Three Furies of Heaven – Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

Paul tells the Corinthians that three things last.  They are faith, hope, and love..  These are the things that pursue us insisting that we see the Father as he is.  They run us down as we run from him.  The necessity of all three is clear.

Faith will not always be necessary.  Some day it will be realized.  At some point faith will become reality.  That in which we believe will present itself to us.  We will be with Christ.  Sin will be done.  Death will not win.  The power and presence of evil will have no sway in our lives.

Hope will be realized.  All that we have hoped for in Christ will come true.  He will get us back to good.  He will return all creation back to a state that is as he intended.  Hope is for the future and our futures will be clearly set for us.  The end is better than the now.  We will no longer need hope as we will have the presence of Christ realized.

Love is eternal.  When faith is fulfilled and hope is unnecessary the love of God will be there.  It will be the core of all we do.  It will determine our approach to everything.   I will no longer be selfish or self-centered.  My motivations will be centered on the love of Jesus not my own wants. 

The furies pursue me for the purpose of helping the transition be less demanding.  I can live by faith, follow in hope, and love unconditionally now if I choose to do so.  I can be better at each of these things today than I was yesterday.  I can follow more closely each day if I choose.

As we walk together Dear Reader my hope is that I show you the love that is the foundation of my faith.  I hope that when the furies of heaven catch up to you we can share the journey for a space.  This is where the joy in the journey finds its source.  As we live and move and have our being in Christ it is faith, hope, and love that I want to share.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment