26 April 2016

Anniversaries Acknowledged

Greetings Dear Reader,

Thirty one years ago today my life changed forever.  I had just arrived at work when I received a call that my firstborn was ready to be born.  I drove from South Atlanta to North Atlanta so quickly that there was surprise when I arrived at the hospital. 


I will not likely get to see my Son today but I dedicate this time and space to him.  I love him deeply and fiercely.  I have watched him navigate pain and loss with honor and commitment.  He is a good father and loyal friend.  He vocation is one that directly helps those in need.

On his advent anniversary I feel so privileged to be his father.  I benefit from his presence in my life and realize what a blessing he is.  It is in this man, this friend; I see the potential of his generation.  His mind and heart have so much promise.  He is the kind of man we should all aspire to be.

I love you Son.  Happy Birthday.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment