30 April 2016

The Conversations In My Head – Self Deprecation

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the areas at which we all seem to excel is being unkind to ourselves.  We hold so much of the conversation on our heads about who we are and what we can do.  We say things about ourselves we would not tolerate being said about our friends or loved ones. 

We fail to see ourselves as the Father sees us and we do not then take advantage of all we can be.   We limit our lives based on this inner talk.  We lose before we begin so often.   We know we can be so much more but we hinder it in our minds.

We become what we believe.   We experience what we talk ourselves into.  I cannot be all that Christ wishes me to be unless I truly follow him.  That includes seeing myself as he sees me.  It means having the courage to accept his vision of me instead of my own.  This is a daily or sometimes hourly struggle.  If I believe I can't I will be right every time.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous30/4/16 16:40

    I am guilty of this, thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete