19 April 2016

What is Your (My) God - Food

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know that one of the seven deadly sins is gluttony.  I do not think that we all know what gluttony is.  It is not just that it is wrong to obsess over food.  The many facets of gluttony have to do with excess.

I have always loved good food.  I have often loved it to excess.  We need to eat to sustain our lives.  We also are allowed to celebrate with food.  What is not allowed is to have excess with food. 

I used to eat and over eat and eat again.  The consequences to my body are life-long.  The consequences to my spirit are healing.  I became insensitive to the needs of others.  I became dull to my own honest hunger and the needs of those in the world who are hungry. 

Food is not wrong.  Abuse of it always is.  The consumption of food falls under my need to be accountable for all I am given.  When I overeat I not showing proper care over what is provided for me by the Father. 

There is joy in the journey and it may be feasted.  There are hungry people and they should be fed.  I cannot follow Christ if I neglect this.  I cannot make food my god and live.  Besides, why worship something that goes bad if you leave it out too long?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment