26 May 2016

Breathing Salt Air – Ghost Crab Rehab

Greetings Dear Reader,

For those of you who do not know what a Ghost Crab is, they are small crabs that burrow in the sand.  They are very quick and quite nocturnal.  Chasing them om the beach at night is a practice that I have enjoyed since I was a wee lad.

Yesterday we needed to return a Ghost Crab to the beach.  It was quite important to my younger Grandson that he witness the rescue of this crab.  He is very concerned for all the sea life we encounter.  There was a bit of tension when I cooked the Blue Claw Crab we caught.

I suppose that if not a sparrow falls without the Father noticing this care applies to Ghost Crabs as well.  We released the crab and he skittered away in the sand.  The moment did remind me just how much the Father does to reclaim us.  He went to great lengths to arrange our redemption.  He cares deeply for us.

We are in need of rescue even though we may not admit it.  I know that my Grandson’s care for all living things has been a welcome reminder of it.  It is what allows us to make the journey home.  It is what makes the journey possess any potential for joy.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment