14 May 2016

Meat and Bones – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Several people in my family enjoy a big bucket of fried chicken.  We all acknowledge that it is not a very healthy meal but it is always finger licking good.  An aspect of this that amazes me is the vast volume of bones at the end of the meal.

Some of my family leave bones that seem to have never been associated with meat.  Others will it the easy meaty bits and then be criticized by the bone cleaners.  In either case I do not see any one eating the bones.  They are discarded no matter how clean they are.

It is so easy to see that we do not need to eat chicken bones.  We do not so easily throw out the bones when it comes to faith and practice.  In matters of faith and following Christ there are things that are essential and vital.  There are also many more things optional, not required, or absolutely wrong.

I want to think through a few of these things measuring my journey against them so that I assure I do not confuse obedience and preference.  I do not wish to infuse truth with opinion.  Neither do I intend to presume to tell anyone else what they must believe or do. 

I would value you thoughts and questions as we walk this part of the path.  I have no new or profound truth to offer.  I do, however, enjoy your company Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment