17 June 2016

A Family Story - Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The story of all humanity is a family story.  We are all connected as a race.  We are all accountable for each other.  When Cain asks the Father if he is his brother’s keeper the resounding answer is :”YES”.   Jesus makes it clear that the “least of these” is his brother and that what we do to them we do to him.

So much of the strife and hatred in the world could be abated if we simply acted loving to our family.  We need to love at all costs.  It is not that we demand that others love us at all costs but that we determine to love others at all costs.  It is that we dare to hate anyone that dooms us to wars and violence.

How I treat the least among us is how I treat family.  How I treat the innocent is how I deal with justice.  How I treat the weak is the statement of my true power.  If we fail to love others at any cost then we have failed to follow Christ. 

We are a family.  This is a family story.  We are all orphans on a journey back to home.  Until we face that we cannot hope to end the loneliness and pain in the world.   We need to seek to love rather than to be loved.  It is in this that we can find peace.  It is in this that we can find the power to end suffering. 

No matter how I express hatred I am wrong.  It is not hatred or prejudice to disagree about social or moral issues.  It is wrong to fail to actively love those with whom you disagree.  Murdering anyone from the unborn to the infidel is just wrong.  Allowing anyone to starve no matter what their social or national status is unloving.  Denying the healthcare needs of anyone no matter what you think of his or her life choices is failure to be compassionate and kind.

Until we choose to love we will choose to hate.  Until we refuse to see disagreement as hatred we will be blind to love when it is there.  I cannot call myself a Christ follower if I reject my obligation to love anyone.  It really is that simple.  Anything that works to complicate it is smoke and mirrors. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment