11 June 2016

A Family Story - Fathers

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think one of the keys to the ills in our society is that so many fathers are no longer fathers.  They are absentee, disengaged, or not responsible.  They do not engage win raising their children.

This destroys a legacy that the Father intended from the beginning.   The Father takes on the role of father for a reason.   All of human history is intended to be a family story.  When we fail as fathers we damage the future.  I am still trying to be better as a father and my failures motivate me.

I had poor training from my progenitor.  He was never a father to me.  The few times he inserted himself in my life were filled with pain.  I discuss this briefly in Sheetrock on the Road.  The point is that I was working blind with my own Sons.

I do not know if I can mend my mistakes but I work at it.  I know that I see my Son working hard to be a good father.  What I conclude is that fathers are vital to the fabric of our culture.  As long as we have children we have responsibility.   Our society suffers when we fail to carry that responsibility.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment