10 June 2016

A Family Story - Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Family gets defined in so many ways in our culture.  The common thread is that in so many ways we yearn to be in a family.   Our clan, family, or tribe calls us from somewhere deep within us.

It is in the construct that we find belonging.  It may be the natural family through which we are born and descend.  Often it is a tribe that we join to bond with those like us.  Sometimes it is a combination of both.

As I move through this journey the tethers of family attach and tear at odd intervals for me.  The damage that natural family can do to an individual astounds me at times.  I know that I have failed at times and that my children still suffer from it.   I know that the things with which I wrestle are because of the failures of my forebears. 

I love my family and need to mentally walk through all the things about family that are vital to me.  I cannot change the past but I must find a way to more clearly show Christ in my life as the thing that can heal us.

Walk with me Dear Reader.  I will need your thoughts and cherish your questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment