04 June 2016

Abdication Disallowed – Love

Greetings Dear Reader,

We abdicate the command to love very often.   As I look back on my life some of my greatest failures have been because I failed to love unconditionally.   Marriages, relationships, and strangers suffer when we fail to love unconditionally. 

When we give negative emotions control we abdicate our responsibility to love.  When we are selfish or greedy we abdicate love.   The two commands prevail.  Upon the commands to love God and love each other (neighbors and enemies) rests everything we hope to become. 

When we abdicate our love for God the weight of it can be eternal.  The consequences send out destructive ripples to those around us.  We can choose to also abdicate the truth of this but that does not change it.  We lose friends and family when we abdicate our responsibility to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind.

Abdication of our love for those around us is just as costly.  When I fail to treat others with unconditional love I fail to love the Father and I damage people.  In business and in personal dealings I find the most peace when I respond in love to the situations around me.  When I withhold that love (and that is what it is) I fail.  I often fail badly. 

It is never that I get fed up, or angry, or tired of something.  It is always that I abdicate my responsibility to love others fully and completely.  It is always that I choose not to love.  That is the abdication that I am never allowed.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment