05 June 2016

Abdication Disallowed – Social Justice

Greetings Dear Reader,

I loathe politics.  It seems to almost always be about money and power.  Even those who want to do good get embroiled in the machinery.  Part or the problem is that Christ followers have abdicated social justice to the government.  

It does not matter what a person’s politics are if they are in need.  They are either friends or enemies and we are to love both.  I do not have to agree with someone’s lifestyle or choices to be loving and kind.  I do not have to accept all of another’s values to live out the value I am commanded to have.

Medical needs, common respect, and genuine kindness transcend all social barriers.  I may not abdicate my responsibility to care for others to anyone else.  The church must not give over its Christ commanded obligation to care for the needs of those around us.  We cannot deliver our vertical message of divine justice if we do not live the horizontal message of social justice.

We need to stop expecting those who do not follow Christ to act like Christ followers.  We need to see the needs of others as an opportunity to exemplify the love of Christ.  Every time we judge and condemn instead of loving and giving we abdicate our calling in Christ.

It does not matter what social position an individual takes.  It does not matter what someone believes.  What matters is if Christ is allowed to be seen through us in every circumstance.  I must assure that my disagreement with any social position does not cause me to abdicate my responsibility to social justice for everyone.   Allowing someone else to be mistreated is mistreating him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment