27 June 2016

Centrality

Greetings Dear Reader,

Centrality: cen·tral·i·ty. noun. The definition of centrality is the quality of being in or near the center or the middle. When something is at the center of the heart of a crisis, this is an example of something that has centrality.

This is not a common word but I heard it used yesterday.  Most of the time this word is used by adults trying to sound intelligent.  I have never heard it used by four year old until yesterday.

My Grandson was in crisis.  He had to go to the bathroom for the third time during our two hours at the pool.  We asked him if he was OK.  We speculated aloud as to why he was having to go so often.  His answer was, “It is centrality.  When I am by the pool it makes me have to pee.” 

Whilst he was explaining this he was obviously in crisis.  I do not know how he learned this word.  What amazes me is that he used it in context.  He used it for his situation.  He made three adults talk about it off and on all evening.

It also caused me to think deeply.  Do I note the times of centrality in my life and deal with them appropriately?  I was near the center of a real crisis this weekend.   I was doing my best to handle it and still be there in ordinary things.  My mind was constantly praying for those around me who were dealing with the crisis (I am not being cryptic just respecting privacy).

It is in the position of centrality that as a Christ follower I can make a difference.  I can love and support.  I can care for the people at the center and meet obvious needs.  I can just be with them and keep watch over them.  At the heart of unconditional love is being in the place of centrality for each other.   Thank you for the reminder Bastion.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment