26 June 2016

Praying with Those Who Cannot – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We need to be able to pray with others who cannot or wish us to pray with them.   It is a privilege to do this.  It is our duty to do so in faith that we are not violating the integrity of that faith.

Most common prayer is safe.   It is not who writes the words.  If the words are truth then they are God’s truth.  When we speak the truth in faith it does not matter if the words are ours or written for us.  It is our heart that the Father longs to hear.

I am supposed to always pray.  I am required to pray for others.   I try to do both of these with joy.  I try to be in constant conversation with the Father.  I attempt to pray in every situation even if it were a muted cry for help. 

We must pray with those who need it.  We must respect their traditions without compromising our own faith.  We need to let go of our preferences in order to embrace the needs of others.  It is rewarding and will ultimate benefit us in following Christ. 


You make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what You want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light You gave
Through Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there

Well I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, You're coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me, the love that set me free
I wanna tell the world out there, You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head, You're God the Son
You've risen from the dead

Oh I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me
I wanna share the love that set me free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment