04 June 2016

Second Thoughts – Baseball Change-ups

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

My local farm team had its opening home game last night.  I was privileged to attend with my Daughter.   They won a game where you get to see all the good stuff.  There stolen bases, back and forth scoring, and a couple of ball crushing home runs. 

Missing in the excitement was my friend Rick.  As with all things in baseball his tenure with the team was temporary.  He is a good man who loves Christ and follows him closely.  He has moved on to an excellent opportunity. 

I did get to see Rick and our friendship endures.  I was, however, reminded of just how baseball is an almost perfect metaphor for life and following Christ.  Everything we see around us is transitional.  The game is liner and limited.  We will have victories and losses.  We will live with consequences of our choices and the spoils of our successes.  Once in a lifetime we may pitch a perfect game.

I love my friend Rick and will miss his presence at every game.  I am also thankful that he has exercised his free agent rights to the benefit of his career.  Moreover, I am thankful that I have been reminded that the changeups in life are something that we can handle if we follow Christ with faithful hearts.  Those hearts may break a little from time to time.  That is just another opportunity to see Christ more clearly and follow more closely.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment