22 August 2016

Farewell and Fair Winds

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whilst I was away on vacation a friend left the area, perhaps for good.   She travels to learn and grow.  She does not leave just to leave    She leaves to find out what the next chapter is.

It is in the leaving that I feel a loss.  She was a sometimes visitor at my Friday morning breakfasts.   Those interactions were uplifting and encouraging.  Her space at the table will be empty and that is a necessary loss.

So much of what we are as Christ followers is mutable.  People transition in and out of our lives.  For good or for Ill they leave their mark.   I wish nothing but good for this person as she moves on in her following.  

It reminds me just how many lives we touch along the way.  As I follow I try to impact all lives for good.  Sometimes I fail.   What matters is that I try to do well in all future transactions.  Whether it is lifelong encounters or single serving friendships I must assure that I do all that I can to make those encounters loving and kind.

As this friend moves on to other encounters I pray for her to have the same success.  I pray that she grows in her faith and following.   I wish her joy in the journey in every step.  I take from her parting the chance to remember all that I am supposed to be as a follower. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment