16 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Advent Anniversaries

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday truly was magical.  The Disney people lived up to their reputation for excellence.  At every turn my Daughter was treated like a princess including Disney providing all that was needed for a true makeover for our dinner at Cinderella’s castle. 

I saw real people with real lives outside of their jobs find great joy in drawing smiles and awe from a twenty-eight year old who for the day was just an eight year old.  The world spun a little slower and grew a little smaller.  This is expensive but worth every penny.

Always having an eye for managing the project I saw many things that impressed me.  The way in which the park moves people is so efficient.  The other aspect is how they manage feeding and hydrating everyone so well, with quality, at a fair price.  The entire movement of thousands of guests amazes the organizer in me.

I did not encounter one cast member who was not kind and friendly.  It once again put me in mind of just how much of a difference just being nice can make.  I was also put in mind of the impact having the power to do good and then doing it can help.  Two Disney staff members took my Daughter Christmas in hand and saw to it that she was made to feel like royalty.  They did not have to do this.  I did not pay for it.  They saw her, responded with compassion, and did great good.

What humans did in the name of a mouse I am supposed to do in the name of Christ.  What the church is supposed to be is echoed by the Disney people.  I am more determined to assure that am this whenever I can be.  If I do well then I will be able to create a kind of magic in the lives of others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment