18 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Beautiful

Greetings Dear Reader,

As we leave Disney today we head north to Toccoa, GA.  The word Toccoa means Beautiful.   The place is beautiful.  It puts me in mind of when I took my Sons to Disney many years ago.  We spent three days then at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom.

On the way back home we stopped at a place called Ichetucknee Springs.  It is a spring fed river where one can snorkel and see beautiful fresh water wild life.  My Sons commented on how much better it was than all of Disney.

Remembering that day puts me in mind as I travel away from the illusions of Disney that it is the real things in life that can give us wonder.  It is the natural world that reveals to us the magnificence of creation.  I do not want to take anything away from what has been done here.  I do with to assure that I see the wonder in all good things.

I will write more about yesterday later.  There is a final Disney moment that should be shared and I must say farewell to someone.   As I travel today, however, I will be thanking the Father for the many blessings he poured out on us at Disney World.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19/8/16 19:10

    Sawubona Aramis Kestrel

    I remember you, your kindness to my sister Jana you called guli. I am returned to Wa Ngao, Rosh they call me. I do not know if you walk in the jungles but I will say your name at the fire.

    Kwa Heri, honored brother

    ReplyDelete