15 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Magic Kingdoms

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today we venture into the Magic Kingdom.  When we checked in last night Teresa made my Daughter feel as if she were the only person to arrive at this place where thousands arrive daily.  Today is Christmas’ birthday. 

This kingdom raised out of central Florida swamp land really is magical in a sense.  It is easy to forget that those who serve us here are real people with real lives outside of work.  In the moment when Teresa and my Daughter exchange conversation it was obvious that two real people were exchanging compassion for each other.   

As I move through this magic kingdom I will remember that the illusions here must not hinder my view of the real souls behind the smiles who deserve my kindness and grace.  They deserve to be appreciated, loved, and thanked. 

The Magic Kingdom is a place like any other that needs see the truth and love of the hidden Kingdom of Christ.  The Gospel is the herald of its imminent emergence.  I am to be its ambassador.  It is my obligation to represent the Gospel in every encounter but especially when others are working hard to serve me.

My focus will be on my Daughter today.  My heart will be to celebrate her freedom and healing from trauma and abuse.  I will mostly be celebrating her life.  I will also honor her by being good and kind to those we encounter.  I will do my best to honor Christ here as an example and as a gift.  The emerging Kingdom of God is much more vital than any Magic Kingdom derived for illusions.

The Kingdom – Michael Card

So near and yet still so far, far away
So close, and yet still to come
Concealed, the seed is mysteriously growing
In hearts that will listen and hear
A treasure that's hidden, a pearl of great price
A fortune for fools who believe

A kingdom of beauty, a kingdom of love
A kingdom of justice and peace
A kingdom that holds all the wiles of creation
A kingdom where children will lead

For now this kingdom's a land of the lowly
A place for the tired, plundered poor
image: http://static.urx.io/units/web/urx-unit-loader.gif


Now our gentle King comes in peace on a donkey
But then on a charger for war
A battle in heaven, a war on the earth
To shatter the long darkened siege

A kingdom of beauty, a kingdom of love
A kingdom of justice and peace
A kingdom that holds all the wiles of creation
A kingdom where children will lead

Not by our own strength
And not by the power of might
But by His Spirit it comes
Blinded eyes will see
And deafened ears will hear
The praise from the lips of the dumb

A kingdom of beauty, a kingdom of love
A kingdom of justice and peace
A kingdom that holds all the wiles of creation
A kingdom where children will lead

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment