12 August 2016

Of Mice and Men – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today begins an adventure that is much more a journey of love and grace than anything else.  My Daughter Christmas has journeyed so far to become the amazing young woman she is.   I have been privileged to be her “father” for barely a third of her life.  Before my part began things were not so  good for her.  That, however, is a tale best told in the safety of a book.

One of the things that sustained her during the dark times was the hope of one day going to Disney world.  We will set out on that journey today.  Amusement parks do not in general amuse me.  I have been to the Magic Kingdom a few times and found it interesting but not as magical as others find it.

What I anticipate on this voyage is the emergence of lost little girl in my Daughter.  I am doing all that I can to make it truly magical for her.  I will chronicle the observations and ponderings I encounter along the way.  Mostly I hope to be in the moment with someone who deserves some magical moments.

Travel with me Dear Reader.  I could use your companionship, questions, and prayers.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment