28 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Amazon (but not what you may think)

Greetings Dear Reader,

The nature of my shopping is that I buy many things on line.  I would say that seventy percent of my presents given arrive via Amazon or other online stores.  I am thankful for this but it is not the main reason why I am thankful for Amazon.

What Amazon does that is so great is that they have created a site that one can use to direct funds to a chosen charity or civic organization.  It is www.Smile.Amazon.com .  It is simple to sign up and then you shop just as you would on regular Amazon.  Prime works just the same.  The same discounts and deals apply.  The only difference is that others benefit from your purchases at no cost to you.

My chosen organization is Community Living Connections (CLC).  They are a well-grounded local service “provides community supported living services to adults with developmental disabilities who live in their own homes”.  They have served my community for many years and every cent helps them to do it better.   If you have no organization you want to support, Dear Reader you might consider them.

I know that I have purchased more through Amazon since the launched Smile.  I want my dollars to also support CLC.   I want to know that even refilling my supplies or buying a new novel helps those with greater needs than mine.   I see no reason not to use this service if you make purchases this way.  I am thankful that such a retail giant has invested in helping our local community organizations this way.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment