25 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Black Friday and Gandalf

Greetings Dear Reader,

As a writer, I cherish the value of being a reader.  One of the authors who continues to influence my life is J.R.R. Tolkien.  This matters today because I will be out there among the Black Friday shoppers briefly.  My goal is always to be kind.  I like to amp that up today.  I want others to encounter kindness and humility amidst the spending and getting.

It is really very easy.  I step outside of the hubbub and remember to see the people.  I remind my heart and mind to see them as real humans with needs far beyond the deals and bargains.  I pray and smile and show deference.  I help if I can. 

The way in which we continue to live a life of gratitude and begin to show the Christmas spirit is to be patient and kind in the small things.  We can be good to clerks and shoppers.  We can smile at children.  We let someone go first.  We can give up a parking space.  We hold back the season of greed by continuing to live in a season of gratitude.

“Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.”

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)



No comments:

Post a Comment