17 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Civil Servants

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday on my way to a meeting I saw a driver yelling at a Parking Enforcement Officer.  It has been oddly warm for November so my window was down.  I heard the driver yell, “I was only over by half an hour.  You did not have to write me a ticket.”  This was followed by a string of expletives which I would not use on anyone. 

I wonder how often we turn our anger at civil servants when the error is ours?   As I drove by I prayed for the Parking Officer.  He was doing his thankless and irritating job.  I am thankful that there are rules for parking and that they are enforced.  Were they not parking downtown would be more of a nightmare.

I am also thankful for those who work in civil service as police officers, firefighters, and paramedics.    My Brother Ian is a paramedic.  I have dear friends who work in these professions.  I hear so many stories regarding the disrespect and abuse they take just for serving us. 

I am thankful that we live in a society where for the most part those who do this work are good people serving the greater good.  It takes little effort to say thank you and show gratitude when we encounter them.  Today my wish is that we all take a moment to pray for them, appreciate them, and thank them Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment