15 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Giving

Greetings Dear Reader,

If this sounds odd to you, that I am thankful for giving, then I will try to explain.   I find great joy in treating others well.  I gain great peace from knowing I have helped others.   I see the needs of others clearly at times and an privileged with I can help. 

Yesterday I encountered my first Salvation Army Bell Ringer.   Gratitude for the thousands of people who will donate time and effort to standing by a kettle and ringing a bell rose up in me.  This organization does so much good. 

So many other aspects of giving are satisfying.   Part of giving is managing expectations.  I must assure that I do not take this for granted.  As a Christ follower, I am obligated to look for opportunities to be generous and kind.   I am required to give.  I am entrusted with the care of others.

If I am not giving to the needs of others then I am not fulling my obligation.   If I view as only an obligation then I am not getting the point.   It is supposed to be joyful for me to give.  It is supposed to come from the abundance of my love for the Father and for people.  

It is out of this that proceeds my desire to give.  It is out of wanting to share goodness and kindness with others that I express my gratitude to be allowed to give.  In a world where getting is a primary value those who give from the heart will stand out.  I am thankful for the providence and privilege. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment