22 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Me Eldest Grandson

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today is Orion’s birthday.  I cannot believe he is already six.  His precocious constant analysis of the world keep us all on our toes.  I am often surprised at the depth of his thinking.  He asks questions that one constantly wishes to answer and ones that have no answer. 

He is not just a clever boy.  He is loving and kind.  He has moments of spontaneous generosity that amaze me.   He also feels as deeply as he thinks.  He asked for a phone for his birthday because he wants to be able to talk to his family.  He tells me quietly how much he misses me when he does not see me. 

We talk about words and science.  He loves bad jokes and puns.  We work together at this to make his father and brother groan.   One of my favorite things is to tell him a really bad joke and have him say, “Good one Grandpa.”   Of all the souls I know his is a good one for sure.  Happy Birthday Orion.

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Hoo.
Hoo who?
You talk like an owl!

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment