14 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Medical Care

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the fervor over the politics shifts from counter-punching to riots and blame-storming I wonder what will happen with healthcare in country.   I do not think that the current solution is the solicitor.  I do think that we should have a solution. 

My work provides me with healthcare.  It troubles me greatly that anyone thinks that a universal healthcare solution is a bad idea.  There are countries where it works.  There is a genuine need.  To speak against it is to lack compassion.

This does not mean that I am against also reforming the current medial system in our country.  It is out of control and things are too expensive.   Were the fat to be cut away there might be enough surplus to provide for the needs of others.  

Today, however, I am thankful for the medical care that I have and want it for everyone.   I cannot say that I follow Christ and that I want less for anyone.   I cannot claim to love others and deny them healthcare.   Their needs are more important than my excess.   Their lives are more sacred than my toys and games.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment