05 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Music

Greetings Dear Reader,

I cannot remember a time when I did not love music.  I love most genres and can even find a song or two in the ones I do not like.  I do have some method to that which I listen to faithfully.

Music is the things that can most easily bring me back from the edge.  It is what calms my spirit when I am overwrought.   There certain pieces of music that are my escape when I need solace and sanctuary.  My favorite is The Inner Light by Jerry Goldberg.  It comes from one of my favorite Star Trek episodes of the same name.  Where I incapacitated long term, I would want this played in a constant loop.  It always soothes me and gives me hope.

There is other music that is precious to me.  Some of it is intentionally sacred but I also believe that all good music is sacred in some way.  I love songs that tell a story.  I love songs that help me see something more clearly.  I believe that nothing is secular so even songs about non-faith things are sacred in some way. 

Music helps me emote when I am struggling being real about how I feel.  The right song will help me undam feelings I do not wish to confront.  It helps me express negative feelings in a nondestructive way.

Music is a vital piece of my life.   It is a sustaining feature of my makeup.  I have almost 400 gigs of stored music.  I am thankful for all the labor that goes into creating great music.  I am more thankful for the songs that reach me no matter where I am.  In my season of gratitude, I will carry songs with me that reflect my heart and faith.  Sing along with me if you care to.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment