27 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Smiles

Greetings Dear Reader,

Last Tuesday evening I was walking through a parking lot when I passed a young lady leaving the shop I was entering.  In that moment I was pondering how much I dislike being alone.  The young lady made eye contact with me and smiled a deep and genuine smile.  I smiled back.

As we passed I said, “Thanks for the smile. I needed it.”

She responded back, “Thank you for accepting it.  I needed to give it.”

Having been out among the masses over this busy shopping weekend I have been able to give smiles to people of all ages.  It is one of those practices that keeps my eyes on others.  It keeps me kind and thoughtful.   It is what made me understand that woman’s “I needed to give it.”

It is in the giving of warm kind greetings that we begin relationships, moments, events.  It is in this silent greeting that we can extend needed bridges and create opportunities to serve.  I am thankful for the smiles I receive from others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment