09 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude – Sovereignty

Greetings Dear Reader,

My Son, Maxim worked hard this political season for the results he wanted.  My Brother worked hard for the outcome he desired and is disappointed.   I can see my friends both weeping and celebrating on social media.

Today I am thankful that even though we cast our votes it is God who appoints leaders.  It is God who takes them down.  People who share my faith know this.  I hope that today they remember it and live it.

Those who cheer the outcome must do so with humility, kindness, and grace.  Those who mourn must do so believing that the Father knows what he is doing.  I read how devastated my friend Mary was.   I prayed for her.  I saw how hurt my friend Kelly is.  I offer my thoughts to comfort her.

You see it not who is in the White House that matters.  It is what we do in response to it.  I do not blame or condemn anyone.  I wrote weeks ago that I thought neither candidate was fit to represent us.  I am saddened that we have not grown beyond our differences to be a people who care for the needs of others over our own agendas.

I remind all of my friends of this, “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.”

Today I am thankful for the truth that the Father has all things in hand.   He will use this and all things that unfold to bring things back to good.  Be good to each other Dear Reader.  Be kind and tenderhearted. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment