11 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Veterans

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether it is friends like James, Mark, or Emily or it a complete stranger I owe a debt of gratitude that I cannot pay.   So many people have offered to give all so that I could live in a free society.  So many people who came home from service are walking wounded.

It hurts me when fellow citizens neglect this debt.  It saddens me when they choose expressing their feelings by burning the flag or hating our country.  I agree that freedom of expression is vital to any free society.  I also think that one must consider the consequences of how one uses that expression.

We do not do enough for our military veterans.  We do not honor them enough.  We do not care for them enough.  We do not live responsibly enough with the freedom they provide.  These common men and women leave behind family and home to secure family and home for all of us. 

In this season of gratitude I wish to express a deep thank you to all who have put it all at risk so that I am free.  I honor you and I respect you.  It is my intent to live a life worthy of the price so many have paid.  Thank you is not enough.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment