04 November 2016

A Season of Gratitude - Writing

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of my favorite professors and lifelong friends once said “When we read we stand on the shoulders of those who have come before us and can, therefore, see a little further.”

The thousands of books I have read over the years have severed to let me see so many things.  They have helped me to reason, to understand, and to escape.   The writing of others gives me a place to go to learn.  It gives me reference to understand and refine. 

Fictional writing gives me someplace to go when my current world is intolerable.  A good story can set aside the real woes for a bit.  My favorite stories also teach me.  My favorite are the stories that focus on redemption in some ways.

Then there is the aspect of me writing.  When I write this BLOG Dear Reader I gain so much.   It allows me to process the issues that hinder my journey.  It is an outlet for my questions and thoughts that provides space to gain perspective.  I also hope that it helps you in some way Dear Reader.

When I tell stories, I am energized.  I find that this is also a productive escape from the things that besiege us in the real world.  When I craft a tale, I find great joy in setting up and solving problems.  I gain much from thinking through how the Father would guide others through a problem.

I am thankful for writing because it is what gives me means to take in and give out.   It is a cornerstone of communication.  It is a way to be clear and expressive.   I am grateful for writing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment