03 November 2016

Second Thoughts – The Cubs

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Those who know understand that I love baseball for many reasons.   Tonight, I want to celebrate the Cub’s victory in this year’s world series.  The long drought for so many Cub’s fans is over.  It took 108 years to regain the crown but for all my friends who are Cub’s fans, I cheer for you.

This celebration for me springs out of my love for baseball.   This victory ties directly to the eternal hope and renewal that is baseball.  The fact that the entire season turns on the cogs of countless choices.

It may be a stolen base in game three that sets the path.  It could be an early pitching change on opening day.  Baseball is such a stark reflection of the truth that there is always hope.  With Christ, there is always hope.  Cubs’ fans hoped for over a century and they had to hope through seven games, a lost lead, a rain delay, and extra innings. 

That is the nature of hope.  It renews.  It lives.  It sustains.  I am happy for the Cubs and their many fans.  I am more thrilled that they have served as an example of eternal hope.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment