31 December 2016

Closing of the Year

Happy New Year Dear Reader,

As I write this it is already 2017 in Samoa.  American Samoa is next so in at least part of my country the year will have ended by the time I post this.   As I close the year I see challenges and opportunities ahead.

No matter how you feel about it a new president will take office.  Taxes will come due.  Winter will flow into spring and the world will dance another circuit around the sun.  I will pass another milestone in age. 

There are not resolutions.  There are goals.  There are needs but I am not sure how to address them.  Writing is progressing but you do need to give more of my books as gifts Dear Reader.  Even with the things I wish were different I have hope. 

That is what this night is for me.  A renewing of hope and an extension of goals are what matter.  I must move forward in the journey, draw closer to Christ, and live in him in every possible moment.

As is my custom I offer a song that reminds me that even if I cannot ease your ills I can offer comfort.   My friend Lori enjoys the song as well.  Thank you Dear Reader for being here.  Tomorrow begins my next venture in thinking and questioning.  I look forward to your company.  Happy New Year. 

Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have, and so

We all must learn from small misfortunes
Count the blessings that are real
Let the Bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Let the Bells Ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year

Up on the knees of a Sergeant Major
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair
Silver bells on a golden reindeer
As they race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children’s' voices singing
On the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love of all people
At the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With all of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"No one an island"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall....

At the closing of the year...
At the closing of the year!
If I cannot bring you comfort, then at least I bring you hope
Then at least I bring you hope....

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/1/17 00:28

    All keeps moving around, it'seems how we move through each day. I've enjoyed your weightings over this year. Thank you. For every day we wake God is with us. A new chance to follow Him. As we close our eyes we hope and pray for another chance to serve him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/1/17 00:29

    Happy new year Aramis!

    ReplyDelete