23 December 2016

Missing You at Christmas

Merry Christmas Dear Reader,

Just putting this back out in the universe.  For those of you who are missing someone.  I apologize that I do not have a recording for you.

Missing You at Christmas -  By Michael and Sarah

Snow is drifting on the meadow,
Postman's ringing at the door,
Bringing cards and packages by the score.
Ornaments sparkle from the fire flame,
Lights are twinkling in the lane,
But here I am just missing you again.
And I’m missing you this Christmas,
If I tell it true,
I wish I were Christmasing with you.

Memories both heal and haunt me,
Joy's elusive with you gone,
But I hold your picture close and carry on.
Nephews and Nieces filled with won -der,
Sister is busy with the meal,
Just a moment to call you can I steal,
The phone rings on with -out an answer.
I return to the frolic feeling blue.
Wishing I were Christmasing with you.

Lovers dance a final waltz,
Then for home depart,
I guess I must be satisfied
To hold you in my heart

Alone in the evening sorting mail I,
Wish I were sitting with you,
Pond ‘ring over sweet things that you do.
My eye recognizes your hand writing,
Anxious I open up the card,
Hung’ ring for your words to touch my heart.
Tears fall on the card you sent me,
If what I read is true

Tomorrow I’ll be Christmasing with you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment