27 December 2016

Second Thoughts – Lost Along the Way

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I hesitate to write this piece with four days left in the year.   It is still the time I have to write it.  We have lost many this year who entertained us.   Whether music, dance, or acting the year has been filled with breaking news of loss.

So many times I hear or read comments blaming the year.   We draw a time demarcation thinking that it will somehow be different when the calendar turns.   The truth is that we are all headed in the same direction.   We do not want our heroes, celebrities, and leaders to come to their ends untimely or otherwise.  Every death diminishes us.

We feel the loss and mourn the future that would have been had they not departed.  Some impact me more than others but every death impacts me.  I will send them off with love and gratitude for the difference they have each made to me.  I will listen to their music.  I will read their books.  I will watch their movies.  I will do this to recall fondly the moments both comic and tragic that they brought to life for me.

My list will not be complete but those omitted are accidental.  Later I will lift a glass and bid an honest farewell to them all:

Pat Harrington Jr.
David Bowie
Alan Rickman
Dan Haggerty
Glen Frey
Abe Vigoda
George Gaynes
Leonard Cohen
Tony Burton
George Kennedy
Nancy Reagan
Robert Horton
Joe Santos
Joe Garagiola
Ken Howard
Peter Brown
Garry Shandling
James Noble
Patty Duke
Doris Roberts
Prince
William Schallert
Morley Safer
Alan Young
Mohamed Ali
Leonard Nemoy
Anton Yelchin
Noel Neill
Gary Marshall
Steven Hill
Gene Wilder
Hugh O’Brian
Arnold Palmer
Robert Vaughn
Florence Henderson
Ron Glass
Van Williams
John Glenn
Alan Thicke
Bernard Fox
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Carrie Fisher

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment