28 January 2017

A Necessary Progression – Forgiving One Another

Greetings Dear Reader,

This thing called forgiveness is so neglected by so many.  It is neglected yet so very powerful.  It is need both as a gift given to others and received by ourselves.  It is a fluid to lubricate the progression.

 I fear that we have lost the understanding of how vital it is to forgive and seek forgiveness.  I do not use colorful metaphors as I find them to be vulgar and often disrespectful.  A couple of weeks ago, for the first time in a long while I slipped in front of a coworker.

She immediately noticed it and commented on it.  After a few moments of further conversation I made a point of asking her forgiveness.  She commented that she was not offended and that forgiveness was not necessary.   I am thankful for her graciousness but I think we have lost an understanding of the depth to which we need to be forgiven for things.

Seeking forgiveness is a transference of power.  When I have transgressed in some way and seek forgiveness I transfer the power of the relationship to the offended party.  It takes courage and humility.  It takes a commitment to restoration and reconciliation. 

In a world where anger and strife seem to multiply exponentially forgiveness stands out so brightly.  We validate others when we ask for forgiveness.  We restore relationships and germinate hope.  I need to remember that Jesus ask the Father to forgive us as we forgive others.  That is reason enough to forgive readily.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment