25 January 2017

A Necessary Progression – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently someone tried to tell me what a good man I am.  I do not believe that I am a good man.  I can easily recall a time when I was nothing but a mass of anger and pain.  I can clearly recall the thoughts, desires, and actions the evidence the contrary.  I see clearly that I am not good but rather fallen and in need of daily grace.

With that understood I have left behind most of the anger and learned to manage most of the pain.  It is not anything I have accomplished and I am no better than anyone else.  Instead it is a moment by moment yielding to that which has been imparted to me.  It is stepping into the grace offered me.

Since I did not come fully to the idea of loving others it is important that I review the necessary progression that got me there.  It will be a short venture along the path but perhaps in it I can renew my strength and impart something of value to you Dear Reader.

In a time when our land desperately needs to see the path to loving our neighbors and enemies it is important that I recall how I got here.  Walk with me for a spell as we find the necessary progression.  As always I value your thoughts and questions.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment