27 January 2017

A Necessary Progression – Tender Hearts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I ponder this aspect of the necessary progression toward unconditional love I think of the antithesis.   Our society has hardened its hearts toward so many things.  We have not just become hard hearted about some things.  We have become indifferent and complacent.

Whether it is refugees from other shores or homeless veterans in our cities we do not care enough for the needs of others.  We politicize issues of compassion and kindness so that factions fight and those in peril get forgotten.

We measure someone’s politics and belief before we offer comfort and aid.  We legitimize murder over resources, land, and convenience.  We allow others to be in want whilst we have plenty.  It is all because we are not moved by the needs of others.

I realize that we convince ourselves that we are compassionate.  Instead I would say that we are not tender hearted enough.  Our hearts must be tender toward our enemies and neighbors.  I must be tender hearted toward all needs.  I cannot solve all problems but I must not disconnect from them.  I must that every death diminishes me.   Every hunger pang should resonate in my belly.  Every sorrow deserves my compassion.

I cannot claim to love all humans and be heard hearted towards the needs around me.  I cannot be selfish and self-absorbed and claim to have a tender heart.  If I hope to show love to others I must do so in the tender actions of meeting their needs.   It is in those actions that I show unconditional love and more importantly experience how to do it.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment