20 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – Aliens

Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not have the time here to present my entire reasoning on this but I do believe there are other worlds with sentient life.  We speculate and theorize about them in literature and on film.  There are even a few songs about them.

Sometimes I identify with aliens more than I do my own kind.  I am allergic to this planet.  In spring time the very air assaults me.  Since we made things no longer good in our world the fact is that we live in a death based echo system. 

The writers of the New Testament made it clear that we do not belong to this world but are merely sojourners here.  Attachment to this world is a hindrance to our journey.  Yet it is this world through which we travel that we want to reclaim and redeem.

We are not meant to “fit in” but rather to stand out as examples of love, kindness, and generosity.   We are to be tolerant of each other’s differences but must not tolerate evil in any form.  We are to love every human but hate the sin that weakens us all.

The very truth is that we are not home.  We are on our way there but we must not get to comfortable here.  Nothing here will travel on with us but the love we give and the good we do for others.  Even on our own world we are alien.

Aliens and Strangers – DeGarmo and Key

Sunday morning, and the pews are filled with friends of mine, yeah, friends of mine,
And, for the first time, I look around,
I realize, I realize...

My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger,
My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger.

I used to wonder why they act so strange,
Now I know, yeah, now I know,
I heard the preachers say this world we're in is not our home, it's not our home.

My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger,
My closest friends are aliens and strangers,
Travelers here, living with danger.

They're all pilgrims just passing through, heroes away from their homeland,
And, since I've discovered the truth, I look at my friends and I can't help but think that....

All of my friends, they're aliens,
Just passing through, yeah, they're aliens,
My closest friends, yeah, they're aliens,
My closest friends, oh, they're aliens,
Just passing through, just passing through,
Just passing through, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment