24 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the Good Ship Earth sails is courses I dream often of what it would be like to sail among the stars.  I am a starship captain born two hundred years too soon.  It is one of the reasons I can watch and re-watch most of the Star Trek episodes. 

The lessons of these great adventures aid me in the great adventure.  They remind me of who I am supposed to be.  They often align with what I must become in Christ.  If I can use the stories to live the truth then I am better for it.

The capturing of my imagination so long ago has aided me for fifty years.  I look forward to the crafting of new adventures and exploring new frontiers.   It is the stories that give me safe ground to sift through my thoughts and feelings on important real issues.  It is a safe place to ask the hard questions.  Perhaps this is one of the primary roles of all fiction.

As I seek to follow Christ daily this gift from Roddenberry and his apprentices aids me in many ways.  The final frontier is far beyond space.  It is that undiscovered country to which we all draw near with every breath.  My hope is that I can use the lessons of Star Trek to navigate my way in a manner that befits the best of those lessons.    

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment