18 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – IDIC

Greetings Dear Reader,

The Vulcan philosophy of IDIC is one that I have understood long before I understood the idea of Christ and following him.   IDIC is infinite diversity in infinite combinations.  It is the idea that each life is unique and is valuable for that uniqueness. 

Since I believe that every soul is a unique creation of the Father’s this makes every life has unique value to me.  I am not allowed to devalue an enemy, an adversary, nor even a detractor.  I choose to live this by choosing to love everyone. 

I do not have to like someone’s choices and values to love them.  I do not have to agree with someone to love him or her.  I do not hate anyone because I find what he does to be wrong.  Because I choose to love everyone does not mean that I accept all of their values or condone all of their actions.

It does mean that every life is precious.  Every pain and sorrow matters.  Every injustice impacts me.  Every death diminishes me.  Christ followers who dismiss any other life as less than precious are not following Christ.  It is in the diversity that we see the great creativity of the Father. 

 It is the obligation of all who follow Christ to embrace that the Father has created all lives to be held in love and value.  It is my duty to love and value everyone.  It is my joy to see and learn the diversity in the lives of others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment