17 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – The “No Win” Scenario

Greetings Dear Reader,

The “Kobayashi Maru” is the unwinnable test that every star ship captain must face.  It is to measure how he handles death.  Like Captain Kirk I do not believe in the no win scenario.  I do not believe that death is losing.

I do not believe there is ever a time when there is not a way to turn death into a fighting chance to live.  Even when things are grim and seem hopeless there is the opportunity for a victory.  The essential element of winning is always the application of faith.

We suffer loss but we do not lose without hope.  It is in faith that the just live.  It is not death that is loss.  It is instead a transition from the shadow to the light.  It is in faith that we find this transition.

You will notice Dear Reader that there is never condemnation in my writing.  It is my place to give hope not to condemn.  There are things that are wrong and there are people who do wrong things.  That does not mean that I condemn people.

I do not believe that ultimately the Father will not win all he wishes.  He is not willing that any should perish.  The Son draws all to himself.  I do not pretend to know how the Father will work it out.  I do know that if anyone can beat the no win scenario it is him.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment