23 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – We are Guardians of Forever

Greetings Dear Reader,

My favorite episode of the original series is The City on the Edge of Forever.   In it we encounter being called The Guardian of Forever.  It is able to deliver vast amounts of data on the history of those around it. 

I will not further expose what happens for the sake of the two or three people who have not seen it.  The key to my thinking here is the parallel between the entity and Christ followers.  There is a forever.  We are its guardians.

The Gospel is entrusted to us.   We are to teach others as we boldly go home.  We are to be ready to answer questions.  It is our responsibility to love and care for the world so deeply that they can see the hope and possibility we offer.

We get in the way.  We interfere with the world instead of building grace and peace into it.  We are to be guarding the path to forever.  We are to live an example that puts the benefits of our forever at the forefront.  We are to do this by being good, loving, and kind in the present.

I am required to always have an answer as to the reason and the hope within me.  No matter what is done I am not to argue or be unkind.  No reason is good enough to fail to be loving.  There will be questions I cannot answer.  There will be circumstances where all seems lost.  There will be days that are grim. 

In all of these times I must cling to faith and following.  I must stand guard over forever.  So, Dear Reader, I await a question…

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment