22 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – When Your Logic Fails, Trust a Hunch

Greetings Dear Reader,

There are times when reasoning through things just does not work.  We cannot make sense of something or do not have all the data needed to make a logical choice.  Yet there are times when we still must make that choice without delay.

We forget how to trust out instincts.  We fail to listen to that little voice in our head that is always more aware than we are.  We don’t trust out gut. I suppose that the first thing I would say is to trust that instinct.  Listen to your first thought as long as it aligns with good and right. 

I also have a method for choosing when I cannot choose but must.  This will sound simplistic but done in faith I have found it to be true and reliable.  Proverbs 16:33 tells us “The dice are thrown, but the LORD determines every outcome.”

When I must choose and there is no logical or clear direction I pray, toss a coin, and obey the outcome.  This may sound puerile but as long as I honor the process in faith I believe that it works.  I have established clear rules for this.

It must not be done lightly
I must pray first
I must set the binary choice clearly
I live with the outcome without equivocation

There will be times when logic fails us.  Circumstances occur where we do not know what to do.  We will have to trust our instincts or allow others to guide our choices.  We will find that we must in times act in faith.  Then again, without faith it is impossible to please God.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment