07 January 2017

Evil be thou my Good – Crooked Sticks

Greetings Dear Reader,

Someone once counseled me on how to know that I am flawed.   He simply said to ask my family.   Those closest to us know our flaws.  Sometimes they love us anyway.  Some of them at least tolerate us.

We embrace the idea that we are right and others are wrong in arrogant divisive stubbornness.  It may be our greatest clinging to evil when we forget to be humble in our correctness.  Truth is not ours.  Truth is something to which we must cling in remembrance of a time when we had it not. 

When we abandon the fact that we are all crooked sticks in daily need of grace we give foothold to the evil that is pride.  We give place to the evil in the world when we think it does not infect us.  When we say we are without sin we embrace evil.

I cannot ever claim to be a “good man”.  Rather I am a fallen man who by the grace of the Father has opportunities to do good.  I must never forget that in moment I must choose to do what is good.  In each moment I must choose to follow Christ and not my own designs.  It is only in daily giving my self back to the Father that I can avoid embracing evil as good.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment