01 January 2017

Intention versus Action

Happy New Year Dear Reader,

I waited until later in the day to post today to give us all time define our intentions for the New Year.  I realize that some of your resolutions may not have lasted the day.  I understand that we resolve with the best of intentions.  The problem is that intentions are worthless without action.

If we are going to be better at something we must practice that thing.  If we are going to stop doing something we need to manage the circumstances that lead to those things.  One cannot buy cigarettes if they wish to quit smoking.  

We rationalize hovering on the edge of things we wish to leave behind.  We intend to do well but get in own way.  We put our vices ahead of responsibility.  Our intentions and plans are worthless without action.  We cannot claim to understand without application.

You will not find me talking about resolutions as I begin the year.  Rather I have quietly mapped out things I wish to change and a plan to act on them.  I will pray and build hoping that I have chosen some worthy goals. 

As I start the journey through the year I hope that I exit it a better man.  I intend to act follow Christ more closely.  I will act to achieve my goals.  Most of all I will use that is given me to do what is right. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment