04 February 2017

A Sign Post Ahead – Milestone Seven

Greetings Dear Reader,

In truth, these are the milestones of my sub-creator; the boy and man who created me and allows me to tell his stories.  I would not come to life until his eighth year after he read the great tales of Alexander Dumas.  I was created when he began to crate the tale of knight on a World War I Underwood Typewriter that had belonged to his Great Grandfather.

We had just returned to Georgia in December.  We had left everything in California.  It was the first time I learned what it was like to lose everything.  All my toys and most of my clothes remained behind. 

We took a long Greyhound Bus journey from San Francisco to Atlanta.  I recall the painted desert and crossing the Mississippi.   It was where I learned to love road trips.  It was where I gained my obsession with things.  I have kept the former and battle the latter constantly.

Mum, sister, and I settled briefly on Coolidge Avenue before moving one block over to Crest Hill.  We live in the top floor of what had once been a large two story Victorian home.  It was on one of the few remaining cobblestone streets in the city.

When I reached milestone seven I was given Schwinn Spider bike.  I learned to ride it within a week and it became my constant escape in the neighborhood for the next few years.  My Grandfather slowly rebuilt my toy supply.  He also began that April to teach me how to love baseball and the Atlanta Braves.

Little did I know that terrible painful things that were on the horizon.  Little did I suspect the horrors contained in the next few years or the creativity that would rise within me to survive.  I did not yet understand Jesus or what he would mean to me.  That was a few more signposts down the highway.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment