07 February 2017

A Sign Post Ahead – Milestone Thirty-Seven

Greetings Dear Reader,

Most of the times that my life seemed to unravel it was not my doing.  At milestone thirty-seven, however, it was my own doing.  I had so many things that I had wished for and my life had the potential to have a long smooth sail over good waters.

Past memories unattended were seething up and demanding their due.  Improper responses to injustice and unreasonable demands fueled my dissatisfaction.  I chose a path of failed resistance.  I tried to handle everything on my own.  I turned false suspicions from others into failed realities. 

No one is to blame for the extreme life failures as I passed this mile marker but me.  I walked the path of selfish indulgence of my pain instead of drawing closer to Christ.  The echoes of the damage I caused as a result still sound loudly today.

Even though I acted outside of what Christ desires for me he used it to produce some beautiful things.  Had I not emulated Judas and Jonah my Daughter and my Grandsons would not be here.  They are an infinite blessing risen from the ashes of my extreme failure to trust Christ in my darkest time.

That dark shadow would fall across other milestones.  It has, however, taught me to follow more closely than to carve my own path.   Following Christ more closely always works.  Trying to forge a trail without him always leads to destruction for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment