06 February 2017

A Sign Post Ahead – Milestone Twenty-Seven

Greetings Dear Reader,

At the sighting of this mile marker I had one Son and one about to arrive.  This year would see his birth and our small family grow to four.  It would also be the year that I decided that teaching was my best choice for my life’s work.

I had not written in some time and a story leapt fully told to mind.  I had my first computer and tried my hand at telling the tale.  I return to it from time to time hoping to rescue it.  It was a spring board and will likely never be more.

My anger and arrogance were not yet in the rear view as I sped through the twenty-seventh mile.  I had not yet learned to deal with the pain and memories of my past.  I wanted to follow Christ but had not given him the places in me so damaged and shameful. 

As I held Bezel for the first time I realized that I needed to abandon the past if the future was to work.  It took some time to do so.  More time that I wish it had.  The pain still echoes.  It wants to rule me and I cannot ever let it do that.  That pain still holds nothing but wrong choices for me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment